Oceanlink provides annual inspection of Fire fighting fixed dry chemical powder system in accordance with MSC.1/Circ.1432 – REVISED GUIDELINES FOR THE MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTION OF FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS AND APPLIANCES.
Dry chemical powder system inspection requirements
As per MSC.1/Circ.1312 – Ref. T4/4.01
Annual testing and inspections
7.9 Fixed dry chemical powder systems
- Visually inspect all accessible components for the proper condition.
- Verify the pressure regulators are in proper order and within the calibration.
- Agitate the dry chemical powder charge with nitrogen in accordance with system manufacturer’s instructions.
Two-year testing and inspections
8.2 Fixed dry chemical powder systems
- Blow-dry nitrogen through the discharge piping to confirm that the pipework and nozzles are clear of any obstructions.
- Operationally test local and remote controls and section valves.
- Verify the contents of propellant gas cylinders (including remote operating stations).
- Test a sample of dry chemical powder for moisture content.
- Subject the powder containment vessel, safety valve, and discharge hoses to a full working pressure test.
Moisture test of Dry chemical powder (DCP)
Oceanlink provides Fire fighting foam laboratory services for assessing the condition of dry chemical powder in accordance with IMO 1432 31/5/2012.
We are available 24/7 to respond to your foam sample analysis needs.
For lab services, please contact +61731362500 (24 hrs hotline) or e-mail.