GMDSS Handheld VHF Radio and Lithium emergency Battery pack
Oceanlink Marine Services stock large numbers of professional handheld VHF radio which are compliant to IMO, GMDSS and ETSI standards for carriage on SOLAS vessels and survival craft, while also being designed for everyday use on-board.
Why GMDSS Handheld VHF
A handheld VHF radio is usually used as a backup to a fixed one, for internship communications on large vessels and for use in survival crafts.
The Handheld VHF or the Life rafts/ Lifeboat transceiver, an essential element of the GMDSS, which is placed in the bridge.
The equipment should be portable and capable of being used for on-scene communication between survival craft, between survival craft and ship and between survival craft and rescue unit. It may also be used for on-board communications when capable of operating on appropriate frequencies.
The equipment should comprise at least:
an integral transmitter/receiver including antenna and battery
an integral control unit including a press-to-transmit switch; and
an internal microphone and loudspeaker.
The MSC resolution for the survival craft transceivers are as follows:
The equipment should:
- Be capable of being operated by unskilled personnel
- Be capable of being operated by personnel wearing gloves as specified for immersion suits in regulation 32.3 of chapter III of 1974 SOLAS Convention, as amended
- Be capable of single-handed operation except for channel selection
- Withstand drops on to a hard surface from a height of 1 m
- Be watertight to a depth of 1 m for at least 5 min
- Maintain watertightness when subjected to a thermal shock of 45°C under conditions of immersion.
- Not be unduly affected by seawater, or oil, or both
- Have no sharp projections which could damage survival craft
- Be of small size and light weight
- Transmission and Reception on 156.8 MHz (Channel 16) and 156.3 MHz (Channel 6)
Lithium emergency Battery pack
Sometimes it is just the Battery you need rather than a Radio VHF itself.
Along with Supply of Handhelf VHF Radio, we also stock and supply Lithium Batteries across Australia.
Want Assistance With VHF Radio and Batteries?